Faster

 



I submitted docs for Passport Renewal on Bhogi afternoon.

Police verification happened that very evening.

There was Pongal and a weekend intervening

Yesterday passport was printed and now I have received it.

i.e. Within 3 working days and this is NOT Tatkal.

Why are we doing this to ourselves?

The folks at the Passport Seva Kendra were visibly under pressure when I was there. I got an appointment on Bhogi day when applying just the day earlier online. How many cases/day do they take on?

Why is it a mere Rs.1500 to renew a passport? Isn't that what requires a whole lot of volume for the service-kendras economics to work? And what in heaven's name are these Service-Level's? Why is a policeman at my place two hours from when I submitted the application.

I remember my first passport. I travelled from Madurai to Trichy and submitted papers and the 'interview' was two days later.  I had to stay in a hotel (thankfully it had StarSports unlike my no-cable-because-studies house, so I got to Dravid centuries in Hamilton).

Good travels at a snail's pace..... Those who want to do good are not selfish, they are not in a hurry, they know that to impregnate people with good requires a long time. But evil has wings.

- Gandhi, Hind Swaraj

We need not agree with the Man's discomfort but it would be a great loss not to relate to it all. 

Comments

  1. न तिष्ठति तु यः पूर्वां नौपास्ते यश्च पश्चिमाम् ।
    स शूद्रवद् बहिष्कार्यः सर्वस्माद् द्विजकर्मणः ॥ १०३ ॥

    Manu Smriti 2.103

    But he who does not stand during the morning-twilight, and who does not sit through the evening-twilight, should be excluded, like the śūdra, from all that is due to twice born person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The relevance of the quote to the above mentioned post escapes moi. Perhaps not standing up in dawn nor sitting down in dusk has excluded me from my due - understanding.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Will KamalHassan apologise for Mahanadhi ?

Judex Ergo Sum

Kamal - the writer/director